Monday, March 20, 2006

Introduction by the author

I’m writing this blog primarily as a response to some of Jared’s recent posts about God (follow the link to Jared from my page, then go to Feb & March 2006 archives -- see "The same yesterday, today, and forever"; "It's raining, it's pouring"; "Intelligent Design", parts one and two; and "Help thou my unbelief")

I told him I’d attempt to help him in his search for spiritual truth and understanding. His questions were good ones, shared by others.

Most importantly, they’re sincere, so I felt that they required more than a quick, easy answer. Sometimes people ask me questions about my faith but it’s only to challenge it, not because they are genuinely seeking an answer.

I don’t feel adequate. I’m not particularly clever, and I feel that, although my faith runs deeply and sincerely, I often feel as if it will appear to others as naïve, or preachy/false. Sometimes these spiritual lessons have a history behind them that goes beyond my abilities to describe. I’m afraid I’ll do these sacred things an injustice by my feeble attempts to describe my own understanding and experience, both of which are really only in their infancy.

But he’s my brother and I love him, and I wanted to at least try. Maybe something I have to say might help. If nothing else, it’s one more voice of encouragement, hope, and faith.

I don’t have all the answers, and I hope this doesn’t come off as if I do. But I’ll give what I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home